Unfortunately we do not have any vacancies at present. If you are interested in working with us on any temporary opportunities that we may have, please contact Samantha Wagstaffe at our recruitment agency SVC Group, telephone number 01206 262117 or email SWagstaffe@svcgroup.co.uk.Full Job Description
Please email us your CV and a short covering letter detailing the position you are applying for and why you feel you’re appropriate for the role, outlining any relevant experience. Please be very clear about which position you would like to apply for.
We will respond to successful applications within 2 weeks of the closing deadline. We apologise but it is not possible for us to respond to applicants who are not successful.
We are always interested in hearing from candidates with proven horticultural or retailing experience. Even if a relevant vacancy is not listed please send your CV in if you think you have experience we would be interested in.
We reserve the right to close an advertised vacancy early due to a particularly high response rate.
Unfortunately we are unable to employ students until they have completed their GCSE’s.
If you are interested in working at Perrywood please keep an eye out for new vacancies on this page, or sign up to our newsletter.
Working at Perrywood
We are a family owned business, Alan & Karin have run the business for over 30 years and now do this with their children Hannah, Simon and Tristan. We offer some really good benefits including:
- Part-uniform provided
- Annual Christmas bonus
- Discount after one year’s service
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and development
- Workplace pension
- Free parking
Our Tiptree store has been recognised for the work we do, nationally, regionally and within the garden centre industry:
- UK’s Best Plant Area – (in the destination garden centre category) at the Garden Centre Association Awards 2018 and 2019
- Garden Centre of Excellence – 3rd in the Garden Centre Association (GCA) league table of ‘top 100 garden centres in the UK’ 2018 and 2019
- Best Destination Garden Centre in the North Thames Region – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2017 and 2018
- Best Indoor Lifestyle Retailer – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2018 and 2019
- Gold award for The Greatest Garden Centre Team and The Greatest Merchandising Team – Garden Trade News Greatest Awards 2017
- Gold Award for The Greatest Plant Retailing Team – Garden Trade News Greatest Awards 2017
- The Barton Grange Trophy for Innovation and Creativity and Best Indoor Lifestyle Retailer – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2017 and 2019
- Best Customer Service – Garden Centre Association Regional Awards 2018
- Bronze Award for The Greatest Garden Centre Baking Team and Gold Award for The Greatest Pot Wash Team – Garden Trade News, Greatest Catering Awards 2017
- Best Destination Garden Centre in the Region for Christmas – Garden Centre Association Regional Christmas Awards, 2017
In recent years we have also won, or been shortlisted, for other awards in catering, customer service, food & drink, gifts retailing and more!
Our Tiptree store is 5 minutes from the A12 and easily accessible by car from much of Essex including Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon, Mersea Island, Coggeshall and further afield. There is also a bus service which stops at our entrance but it is not a regular service.
Our Sudbury store is our second site which we took over in September 2018. It’s an exciting time to join!